[ovirt-users] distributed striped replicated volumes can not create

肖力 exiaoli at 163.com
Thu May 21 22:54:14 UTC 2015

I use gluster cmd creat  Replicate count 3 and Striped count 4 ,It is sucess!, and can as storage use!
Tks!

At 2015-05-18 12:21:28, "Kanagaraj" <kmayilsa at redhat.com> wrote:
Only the stripe count should be between 4 and 16. And replica count can be 2 or 3.

For example if you try to create a Distributed Striped Replicate volume with stripe 4 and replica 3, then you need to 24 bricks.
4(stripe)x3(replica) = 12, then 12x2(distribute) = 24

Then if you reduce the replica to 2, then you need 12 bricks.

As mentioned in your message, if the error thrown is "Replica Count mast between in 4 and 16" , its a bug and it should be changed to "Stripe Count must between in 4 and 16"

Regards,
Kanagaraj