[ovirt-users] oVirt Instability with Dell Compellent via iSCSI/Multipath

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Fri May 22 18:25:00 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

You should keep the default without change, and add specific settings under
the device section.

> }
> devices {
>    device {
>      vendor                   COMPELNT
>      product                  "Compellent Vol"
>      path_checker             tur
>      no_path_retry            fail

This is mostly likely missing some settings. You are *not* getting the settings
from the "defaults" section above.

For example, since you did not specify here "failback immediate", failback for
this device defaults to whatever default multipath chose, not the value set
in "defaults" above.

>    }
> }
>
> I referenced it from
> http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-solutions/w/oracle_solutions/1315.how-to-configure-device-mapper-multipath.
> I modified it a bit since that is Red Hat 5 specific and there have been
> some changes.
>
> It's not crashing anymore but I'm still seeing storage warnings in
> engine.log. I'm going to be enabling jumbo frames and talking with Dell
> to figure out if it's something on the Compellent side. I'll update here
> once I find something out.

Lets continue this on bugzilla.

See also this patch:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/41244