[ovirt-users] connecting my oVirt engine to a 100mb switch

Andrew Precht andrewprecht06 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 21:37:57 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I’m having problems connecting my oVirt engine to a 100mb switch. I’m not
having any problems connecting to 1gb. But, I need to also have a
connection to a 100mb network.
I’ve tried configuring ethtool_opts on the interface. However, this only
results in the NIC not coming up and showing:  Speed: Unknown! and Duplex:
Unknown! (255), when I run ethtool ethX

Is it possible to connect the engine to a 100mb switch?
Thanks

PS. I also posted this question over on the oVirt G+ page. I apologize if
that's incorrect but I have G+ open all day...