[ovirt-users] Can ISO Domain be shared across multiple data centers? Ovirt 3.5, 3.6? Does not appear so

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Mon Nov 2 15:14:15 UTC 2015

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 18:58:33 -0400 Liam wrote:
LC> Tried setting up NFS ISO domain which works on one host/local
LC> datacenter. I do not want to have to have multiple copies of iso files
LC> on all hosts. If I try to import pre-existing ISO domain, I either get
LC> an error that storage path exists or the dialog just does nothing.

I had the same goal, but for multiple independent ovirt installs. My
work-around is to deal with it outside ovirt.

- create generic nfs export for my iso mirrors
- create iso export points for each install
- add iso mount to each install
- manually (or using puppet, etc) add mirror mount on each host node
- run a script that creates a symlink in each ovirt iso mirror for all the
  isos in the mirror export
  - 3.5 handles iso images in subdirectories, but 3.4 does not [1], so the
    script creates symlinks for every iso image in the top level of the iso
    export for 3.4, while only needing a symlnk to the distro directory fro
    3.5.

It's a hack, but it works.

Robert

[1] 3.4 will descend to subdirectories to display the list of iso images
when attaching them in the UI, but the host will fail to boot because it
can't find the image unless it's at the top level.

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons