[ovirt-users] Any way to correlate a VM disk (e.g. /dev/vda) to the vdsm ovirt disk?

Raz Tamir ratamir at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 05:43:32 UTC 2015

Hi ccox,
you can see the disk id mapping to device if you execute 'ls -l
/dev/disk/by-id/' .
Second way, and easier, is to make sure you have guest-agent installed on
your guest virtual machine and using rest API you can run GET command:
GET on .../api/vms/{vm_id}/disks

You will see an attribute called "<logical_name>" .
I hope that helps

Thanks,
Raz Tamir
Red Hat Israel