[ovirt-users] Any way to correlate a VM disk (e.g. /dev/vda) to the vdsm ovirt disk?

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 17:17:42 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:49 PM,  <ccox at endlessnow.com> wrote:
>> Hi ccox,
>> you can see the disk id mapping to device if you execute 'ls -l
>> /dev/disk/by-id/' .
>> Second way, and easier, is to make sure you have guest-agent installed on
>> your guest virtual machine and using rest API you can run GET command:
>> GET on .../api/vms/{vm_id}/disks
>>
>> You will see an attribute called "<logical_name>" .
>> I hope that helps
>
> should have said I'm running 3.4.  I don't think there's a logical_name in
> that version.  And by-id or by-uuid doesn't seem to match anything.
>
> Maybe this can't be done in 3.4?

Can you share the ouput of:

tree /dev/disk

On the guest?

And the output of

pvscan --cache
lvs -o vg_name,name,tags

On the host?

On the guest, the the disk serial number should be the first 20
characters of the disk
uuid (I think it is the image uuid in vdsm terms, or disk uuid in engine terms).

The image uuid should appear in a lv tag on the host, and the prefix
of this uuid should
be found on the guest.

Can you describe why do you need this information?

Nir