[ovirt-users] Question about the ovirt-engine-sdk-java

Michael Pasternak mishka8520 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 13:20:58 UTC 2015

Hi Salifou,
OK, i see now, then you have two options:
a) To extend the sdk:
1. extend java-sdk by allowing to inject custom headers in every request (not trivial as all ovirt SDKs are auto-generated,but if its common case, you may find yourself getting help from community/maintainers)
2. fork java-sdk customizing it for your needs
I'd recommend the former as fork will leave you with no support/maintenance from community plus you'll haveto implement new features by your own (what will become a moving target very quickly)
b) Proxying the sdk
You can implement dynamic proxy wrapping SDK's HttpProxy.java#execute and intercept the context from there,but you've to stay tuned as backward compatibility is for interface and not for SDK internals,so "potentially" you can find your code broken in one of the following upgrades
hope it helps.