[ovirt-users] Systemd-Script to put the node in "maintenance" on shutdown

Donny Davis donny at cloudspin.me
Fri Sep 25 00:06:21 UTC 2015

I was just trying to do the same thing, I was going to use power
management, and the api.

I asked if this feature already exists in the cluster policy.

With the cluster policy you can control how the vms get distributed, and
then I was going to write a script on the engine that would use the api to
put the host in maintenance, then use the api to tell power management to
turn off the host... When load gets above 75%, the script would power a
server on, and then take it out of maintenance. The cluster policy would
take care of the rest.

Anyone else doing something like this?

-Donny D