[ovirt-users] Hyper-V in a guest

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sun Sep 27 06:15:10 UTC 2015

Sorry, I meant to send this reply to the list earlier, but I
accidentally replied to just Joop.

Hi Joop,

Thanks for your reply.

On 25/09/2015 11:23 PM, Joop van de Wege wrote:
 > You will need vdsm-nestedvt installed on all your hosts. It will pass
through the vtx vtd bits from the hypervisor to the guest.
 > You will need a relatively new kernel for this. Centos7 or
Centos6+elrepo 3x kernel or Fedora.

I am running on CentOS 7.  I installed vdsm-hook-nestedvt and restarted
vdsmd on my host.  When I look on the "Host Hooks" tab of my Host's
properties, I see the following:

before_vm_start     50_nestedvt

So it appears to have installed correctly.  I fired up my Server 2008R2
guest and tried installing the Hyper-V role, but it still gives me  the
message about needing a CPU that supports hardware virtualization
enabled in the BIOS.

The CPU family I am using is SandyBridge, if that makes any difference.

Is there something else I need to enable?

Regards,

Alan