[ovirt-users] Esxi 5.5 under oVirt 3.5

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Wed Sep 30 14:50:17 UTC 2015

On 28/09/2015 2:30 PM, Conrad Lawes wrote:
> Is it possible to run esxi v5.5 under oVirt 3.5, i.e. nested virtualization?

I don't know about ESXi 5.5, but I was just recently able to run Hyper-V
under oVirt.  Look for my thread on "Hyper-V in a guest".  I did have to
reboot the host for the module parameters to take effect when all was
said and done.

Basically, you install 'vdsm-nestedvt' on your hosts. It should be in
the repos for your distro, if you are running CentOS6 or above.

Once installed, reboot your host, as there is a parameter that needs to
get passed to the kvm_* module when it loads to allow nested KVM.

Once you have rebooted, go to your Hosts tab and look in :Host Hooks";
you should see something like this:

before_vm_start  50_nestedvt

I hope this helps.

Regards,