[ovirt-users] Unsupported CPU for Windows 10 64-bit Guest

Jared Bloomer jared at tuxknowledge.com
Wed Apr 27 09:57:17 EDT 2016

I have a new install of ovirt up and running. It is a pretty beefy machine so I would really like to figure this out so I can start actually using it.

The Host machine is equipped with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2603 v3 CPUs.

Ovirt shows the following for the hardware

CPU Model:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2603 v3 @ 1.60GHz

CPU Type:
Intel Nehalem Family

However when trying to deploy a VM with the Operating System set as Windows 10 x64 I get the error message

The guest OS doesn't support the following CPUs: opteron_g1, conroe, nehalem, penryn. Its possible to change the cluster cpu or set a different one per VM

How can I go about deploying a Windows 10 Guest on this Host?

Thanks,
Jared Bloomer