[ovirt-users] ovirt-shell issue

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 08:04:54 UTC 2016

On 04/06/2016 07:28 PM, Nathanaël Blanchet wrote:
> Hello,
> in an interactive shell, I can successfully execute such a command:
> add network --name brv13 --vlan-id 13  --datacenter-identifier Cines
> --description A_FORM
> but the same as an argument of ovirt-shell,
> # ovirt-shell -E "add network --name brv13 --vlan-id 13
> --datacenter-identifier Cines --description A_FORM"
> it leads me to "datacenter Cines does not exist."
>
> of course, datacenter Cines does exist!
>
> What's wrong there?

That command should fail in both the interactive mode and with the "-E"
option. The problem is that the "--datacenter-identifier" option expects
an identifier, not a name. You should use "--datacenter-name" instaed:

  $ ovirt-shell -E "add network --name brv13 --vlan-id 13
--datacenter-name Cines --description A_FORM"

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain