[ovirt-users] Creating templates in a blocking fashion from Python SDK

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Sun Apr 10 07:43:21 UTC 2016

Hi there, I use the following Python SDK snippet to create a template
from an existing VM:

    templ = ovirt.templates.add(
        ovirtsdk.xml.Template(vm=vm, name=vm.name)
    )

This seems to launch a template creation task in a non-blocking
manner, which makes the next command I run, which tries to delete the
VM, fail because the VM is still locked by the template creation task.

Is there a way to block on the template creation task and not return
to the code until it finishes?

Thanks,

--
Barak Korren