[ovirt-users] Importing An Ubuntu Disk

Charles Tassell ctassell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:01:39 UTC 2016

Hello,

   I was wondering if there is any way to import a disk image
(qcow/qcow2) into an oVirt storage domain?  I've tried v2v but it won't
work because the image customization parts of it won't deal with Ubuntu,
and I tried import-to-ovirt.pl but the disks it creates seem to be
broken in some way that prevents them from booting when attached to a VM.

   I've seen some references to creating a pre-allocated disk of the
same size and then using dd to overwrite the contents of it, but is
there a better method?  Or should I just import my existing VMs by
booting off a system rescue CD and restoring backups over the network?