[ovirt-users] python sdk and /api/hosts/{host:id}/install

Fabrice Bacchella fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr
Thu Apr 21 14:58:28 UTC 2016

I'm trying to the use the API to reinstall an hosts.

But if a post the following content :
POST /api/hosts/XXXXX/install

> <action>
>     <host>
>         <override_iptables>false</override_iptables>
>     </host>
>     <ssh>
>         <port>22</port>
>         <fingerprint>SHA256:XXXX</fingerprint>
>         <authentication_method>publickey</authentication_method>
>     </ssh>
> </action>

I get the error :
[Cannot edit Host. Power Management is enabled for Host but no Agent type selected.]

But the agent was set when I created the host, the GUI don't ask for power management informations when reinstalling the hosts and when I look the the rsdl ( at https://ovirt/api?rsdl), the agent type was not required.

So what's wrong with the install command and that is not in the rsdl ?

I'm using ovirt-engine 3.6.5.3

The rsdl for install that I got :

<link href="/api/hosts/{host:id}/install" rel="install">
    <description>
        install vdsm and other packages required to get the host ready to be used in the engine
    </description>
    <request>
        <http_method>POST</http_method>
        <headers>
            <header required="false">
                <name>Correlation-Id</name>
                <value>any string</value>
            </header>
            <header required="true">
                <name>Content-Type</name>
                <value>application/xml|json</value>
            </header>
        </headers>
        <url>
            <parameters_set>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:boolean" context="matrix">
                    <name>async</name>
                    <value>true|false</value>
                </parameter>
            </parameters_set>
        </url>
            <type>Action</type>
            <parameters_set>
                <description>
                    install vdsm and other packages required to get the host ready to be used in the engine providing the ssh password
                </description>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:int">
                    <name>action.ssh.port</name>
                </parameter>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:string">
                    <name>action.ssh.fingerprint</name>
                </parameter>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:string">
                    <name>action.ssh.authentication_method</name>
                </parameter>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:string">
                    <name>action.ssh.user.user_name</name>
                </parameter>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:string">
                    <name>action.ssh.user.password</name>
                </parameter>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:string">
                    <name>action.image</name>
                </parameter>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:boolean">
                    <name>action.host.override_iptables</name>
                </parameter>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:boolean">
                    <name>action.async</name>
                </parameter>
                <parameter required="false" type="xs:long">
                    <name>action.grace_period.expiry</name>
                </parameter>
            </parameters_set>
    </request>