[ovirt-users] Procedure to upgrade single-host datacenter from el6 to el7

Rik Theys Rik.Theys at esat.kuleuven.be
Fri Apr 22 12:44:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for the best procedure to upgrade a host from CentOS 6 to
CentOS 7. The host is the only host in the oVirt data center (the engine
is running on another machine and manages multiple data centers).

For datacenters with multiple hosts I followed the following steps:
  - Add new cluster
  - Put host in maintenance
  - Remove host from old cluster
  - Reinstall host
  - Add host to new cluster
  - repeat for all hosts until old cluster is empty

This worked OK and the data center was never "non operational".

Is the procedure identical for a data center with only one host?

Should I also remove the host from the (only) cluster in the data
center, or should I reinstall it and select the "reinstall" option in
the oVirt web interface? Since there is only one host in the cluster
there's no need to create a new cluster?

Is there any state on the host that I should keep when performing the
reinstall with CentOS 7?

The host is using FC storage (local disks configured as FC through
multipath).

Regards,

Rik

--