[ovirt-users] audit_log table performance tuning

Sven Kieske svenkieske at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:07:33 UTC 2016

On 15.04.2016 00:12, Marina Kalinin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any suggestions or maybe already available features in the pipeline for tuning the database, and specifically the audit_log table?
>
> The problem today is that with multiple applications accessing the engine through the RestAPI, especially deployments with CloudForms, create huge amount of login records in the audit_table. Which, in turns, consumes most of the available memory on the machine running the engine and the database and results in a terrible performance of engine and inaccessible Web UI.
>
> The solution today is to delete those records from the table [1]:
> => delete from audit_log where message like '%logged%';
>

> Are there any current tunings we can apply to the database?
> And if not - do we have any RFEs on limiting the records entered to the database or a way to delete/filter those records somehow from the WebUI?
> All I could find was RFE#1120659 [2], but it does not describe the exact issue.

Hi,

I remember filing a BZ about this topic some years ago.

I will mail it tomorrow to this thread as I had this exact issue, as a
user of the rest api (without any persistent authentication).

the answer, as I recall (I haven't access to this BZ atm), was to simply
truncate the event log, which is far from a "solution" at all.

kind regards

Sven