[ovirt-users] Unable to backend oVirt with Cinder

Natalie Gavrilov ngavrilo at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 11:07:44 UTC 2016

Hi Logen,

I'll refer only to using authentication , because I had configured it previously.
This means: /etc/cinder/cinder.conf should have: auth_strategy = keystone
I'm using keystonerc file, example keystonerc_admin:
unset OS_SERVICE_TOKEN
export OS_USERNAME=admin
export OS_PASSWORD=password
export OS_AUTH_URL=http://CINDER-HOST:5000/v2.0
export PS1='[\u@\h \W(keystone_admin)]\$ '

export OS_TENANT_NAME=admin
export OS_REGION_NAME=RegionOne

This will be step by step as much as possible just to make sure nothing is missed (assuming Cinder and Ceph are configured correctly).

Go to:
External providers -> Add
Fill in the fields:
Name:
Type: OpenStack Volume
Provider url: http://CINDER_HOST:8776
Check "Requires Authentication"

Fill in the information, this is an example:
Username: admin
Password: password
Tenant name: admin
Authentication URL: http://CINDER-HOST:5000/v2.0

Test should return "Test succeeded, managed to access provider."
Now click Ok.

Now lets configure additional information:

Lower pane: Authentication Keys
Click on: New
Fill in UUID field with rbd_secret_uuid
and value :which is the key (it's in /etc/ceph/ceph.client.USERNAME.keyring)

Hope this helps..

Regards,
Natalie