[ovirt-users] 3.6 : Hosted engine High Availability

Alexis HAUSER alexis.hauser at telecom-bretagne.eu
Thu Aug 25 13:12:55 UTC 2016

> This is that part that confused me a bit : I need to set up a new FQDN for the engine, but a different one right ? So each engine on each node needs a different FQDN ?

> No, you have just to use a sensate globally resolvable FQDN for your additional host: 'localhost.localdomain' is not.

Well actually when I use the FQDN of my current hosted engine, I doesn't seem to resolve...

Host address:  [localhost.localdomain]: engine.mydomain.com
[ ERROR ] Host name is not valid: vm-rhemgr.rennes.enst-bretagne.fr did not resolve into an IP address
          Please provide the address of this host.
          Note: The engine VM and all the other hosts should be able to correctly resolve it.