[ovirt-users] ovirtsdk4 and cloud-init

Renout Gerrits mail at renout.nl
Wed Aug 31 10:36:18 UTC 2016

I have some troubles starting a VM with cloud-init via the ovirtsdk4.

<snippet>
vm = vms_service.list(search=vm_name)[0]
vm_service = vms_service.vm_service(vm.id)

vm_service.start(
    types.Action(
        use_cloud_init=True,
    ),
    types.Vm(
        types.Initialization(
            regenerate_ssh_keys=True,
            host_name=vm_fqdn,
            nic_configurations=[
                types.NicConfiguration(
                    boot_protocol=types.BootProtocol.STATIC,
                    name='eth0',
                    on_boot=True,
                    ip=types.Ip(
                        address=vm_address,
                        netmask=vm_netmask,
                        gateway=vm_gateway,
                    ),
                ),
            ],
        ),
    ),
)
</snippet>

Which will result in:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./create_vm.py", line 94, in <module>
    gateway=vm_gateway,
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ovirtsdk4/services.py", line
18655, in start
    Writer.write_boolean(writer, 'async', async)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ovirtsdk4/writer.py", line 52,
in write_boolean
    return writer.write_element(name, Writer.render_boolean(value))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ovirtsdk4/writer.py", line 44,
in render_boolean
    raise TypeError('The \'value\' parameter must be a boolean')
TypeError: The 'value' parameter must be a boolean

To be honest I don't have clue where it's going wrong or where to look.
>From what I can see there are two values which must be a boolean and they
are.

Does anybody know what's going wrong or has a working snippet?

Thanks,
Renout