[ovirt-users] oVirt 4 and Neutron

Devin Acosta devin at pabstatencio.com
Thu Dec 1 17:19:07 UTC 2016

I have manually created the RPM's successfully, I just want to clarify a
few items so I make sure I'm deploying this according to best practice.

I presume the OVN Controller should just be some VM that is on the
ovirtmgmt network, or is there a preferred place to install the OVN
controller software? I then also assume I install the OVN agents onto all
the oVirt Nodes. My take on this is that this OVN replaces the more complex
Neutron/OVS installation, and makes for a more simple deployment.  I see
that when you go to add the External Provider, does OVN Controller use
authentication, is there any information I would need to have besides
knowing which node it's on in order to add it to external provider? Would I
need to have any bridges or OVS configured on the nodes for this to work or
just install the services and get them configured and it just works?

Your assistance is appreciated.

602-354-1220 || devin at linuxguru.co