[ovirt-users] oVirt 4 and external networks

Chris Cowley chris at chriscowley.me.uk
Sat Dec 3 21:18:45 UTC 2016

Evening all

I am struggling to get VMs on a tagged VLAN with oVirt to communicate
with a physical machine that is 'untagged' on that VLAN.

This VLAN is tagged on the port for my ovirt host, and any VMs attached
to that network work perfectly within oVirt (single host). On that host
I have added an IP on that VLAN too.

On a couple of host other physical machines, it is connected on to that
VLAN untagged and another is on it tagged. They communicate fine, and
also with the oVirt host on that VLAN. No traffic goes to or from the
VMs however.

https://www.draw.io/i/EiXgaUi

As my switch is doing tagging/untagging should I be importing the
network? If that is the case, err, how?

--
Regards

Chris Cowley