[ovirt-users] Storage domains not found by vdsm after a reboot

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 4 11:08:54 UTC 2016

On 3-12-2016 19:24, Charles Kozler wrote:
> I am facing the same issue here as well. The engine comes up and web
> UI is reachable. Initial login takes about 6 minutes to finally let me
> in and then once I am in under the events tab there is events for
> "storage domain <uid> does not exist" yet they are all there. After
It will probably start faster if you install haveged in the hosted
engine VM.
I run a similar setup and it goes a lot faster that way.
> this comes 'reconstructing master domain' and it tries to cycle
> through my 2 storage domains not including ISO_UPLOAD and
> hosted_engine domains. Eventually it will either 1.) Settle on one and
> actually able to bring it up master domain or 2.) they all stay down
> and I have to manually activate one
>
> Its not really an issue since on three tests now I have recovered fine
> but it required some manual intervention on at least one occasion but
> otherwise it just flaps about until it can settle on one and actually
> bring it up
>
> Clocking it today its usually like this:
>
> 7 minutes for HE to come up on node 1 and access to web UI
> +6 minutes while hanging on logging in to web UI
> +9 minutes for one of the two storage domains to get activated as master

My setup is usally up in about 10min if I do nothing and if 'helping' it
I can get it up in around 6-8min. I usally don't bother and have another
cup of coffee :-)

About shutting down. I have a small script that shuts down the
ha-agent/ha-broker, then the engine and then vdsm/sanlock/nfs-server.
Search the ML for it and I can post it again if needed.
Putting the host into global maintenance and then shutting down will
work too but then you need to script --maintenance --mode=none during
startup.

Regards,

Joop