[ovirt-users] OVA Import - Failed to convert VM

Nate T. Llaneza nllaneza at citsnc.com
Fri Dec 2 16:55:13 UTC 2016

Hey All,

I am trying to import a VM into oVirt. I am attempting to use the web interface to do so. I started by exporting a ova file directly from VMware Workstation. I uploaded the file to the local hard disk of a virtual host. Changed the permissions on the file to 36:36. The last step from what I can see was to go into the web interface and "import" the VM. I used the VMware Virtual Appliance as the source and specified the local path to the ova. It detected the ova, and I was able to move it into the "Virtual Machines to Import" box. After oVirt starts the import of the VM it ends up failing with the error "Failed to convert VM", and then shortly after it deletes the VM.

I am attaching a snippet of the engine.log, but I can't really make heads or tails of the error messages in there. I am on oVirt 4.0.5. The virtual host is running CentOS 7. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nathan Llaneza

Systems Engineer

Coastal IT Solutions of NC, LLC