[ovirt-users] Hosted-engine --deploy FQDN questions

Marcin Mirecki mmirecki at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 08:25:06 UTC 2016

Mark,

>           Enter the name which will be used to identify this host inside the
>           Administrator Portal [hosted_engine_1]:

This is the name used for the host inside the Administrator Portal, so basically
the name of the VM inside the system.
This does not have to be the hostname, but there are also no objection for it.

>           Engine FQDN:  []:
Yes, you are correct. This must be the FQDN of the host, resolvable to IP.
This fqdn will be used to access the administration portal.

Marcin