[ovirt-users] hosted-engine --deploy hanging, vm not responding

Mark Steckel mjs at fix.net
Wed Dec 7 15:22:09 UTC 2016

----- Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Mark Steckel <mjs at fix.net> wrote:
> > Log attached.
> >
> > ----- Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

> IIRC this now connects you to a serial console, not graphical.

Which is what I was expecting and am comfortable with. (I've very comfortable with using kickstart, virsh, virt-install, et al and and a serial console, but totally new to OVirt and cloud init.)

> It also told you:
>
> You can also graphically connect to the VM from your system with the
> following command:
> remote-viewer vnc://dev-vm-host:5900
>
> Did you try this?

In a previous iteration but without success.

> See also:
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/hosted-engine-console/
>
> However, if this is your first installation, with simple/standard needs,
> it's much simpler to use the appliance. Install the package
> 'ovirt-engine-appliance',
> then choose to boot from 'disk'.

Ah.... I did install the ovirt-engine-appliance, but choose cdrom and pointed it to a Centos 7.2 iso.

Let me reset and try again using the appliance and 'disk'.

My needs are simple, so hopefully this will do the trick.

Thanks
Mark