[ovirt-users] [HEADS UP] CentOS 7.3 is rolling out, need qemu-kvm-ev 2.6

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:25:04 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> as you probably noticed, CentOS 7.3 is rolling out right now and will be
>>> announced pretty soon.
>>> Please note that due to new libvirt shipped within CentOS 7.3, it is
>>> required to update qemu-kvm-ev to 2.6 at the same time.
>>>
>>> If you're using CentOS Virt SIG rpms / repos for oVirt this should
>>> happen automatically.
>>> If you're using only ovirt repositories be sure to have qemu-kvm-ev 2.6
>>> if you update to CentOS 7.3.
>>>
>>> In terms of ovirt repositories, qemu-kvm-ev 2.6 is available right now
>>> in ovirt-master-snapshot-static, ovirt-4.0-snapshot-static, and
>>> ovirt-4.0-pre (contains 4.0.6 RC4 rpms going to be announced in a few
>>> minutes.)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>>

>> Hello,
>> where to find details about this info?
>> I ask because on my tests in a nested environment with 4.1 beta on CentOS
>> 7.2 + CR (that should match upcoming 7.3) I was not able to power on the
>> SHE VM using qemu-kvm-ev-2.6.0-27.1.el7.x86_64.rpm manually downloaded
>> by http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/virt/x86_64/kvm-common
>>
>> Got error
>> warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.07H:EBX.erms [bit
>> 9]
>>

> Michal, Paolo, what about above error?

BTW:
L0 host is a nuc6i5syh that has this cpu:
http://ark.intel.com/search/?q=i5-6260U
with ESXi 6.0 U2 free. From ESXi mgmt page the cpu appears as:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvc08yUllKUG84Z1E/
view?usp=sharing

The L1 host has been configured as guest with RH EL 7.x  with these
configurations:
- in CPU options
CPU/MMU Virtualization: hardware CPU and MMU

- in edit settings, advanced:
hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = "FALSE"

HIH,
Gianluca