[ovirt-users] Affinity/HA for a set of VMs

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 07:23:15 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 9:02 AM, TranceWorldLogic .
<tranceworldlogic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to explore more about fencing option supported in ovirt.
> But getting lost in documents.
>
> My requirement is to fence at VM level rather than host level.

I am pretty certain that this is not called fencing. Fencing is for hosts.
And it's meant for _stopping_ them, not starting.

> e.g let assume VM1.1, VM1.2,VM1.3 are running on host1 and VM2.1,VM2.2 VM2.3
> running on host2. Suppose due to some error only VM1.1 goes down [Note:
> VM1.2 and VM1.3 in running state] then VM2.1 must come up.
>
> Can I get to know whether such functionality is supported by ovirt ?
> If yes, would you please explain also how it work
>           or would you share refernece for me to refer and understand it ?
> if yes, is it configurable by python sdk ?

No idea, but it might be possible using affinity rules and/or HA.
Changing the subject, to try to attract more relevant responses,
and adding Tomer.

Best,
--
Didi