[ovirt-users] Remove Storage Domain

Gary Pedretty gary at ravnalaska.net
Wed Dec 14 08:29:26 UTC 2016

How do you remove a data storage domain, that is not the primary data domain?   The glusterfs it was based on is no longer available and the domain is stuck in maintenance mode.  It will not detach because it has disks on it.  The disks have all been deactivated and replaced in the VMs they were used on.   Seems like a catch-22 in that I cannot delete the disks from the VMs since the storage domain is in maintenance, but I cannot activate the domain since the glusterfs volume it was based on no longer exists.   For now I am just ignoring it in the Data Center.   The VMs seem fine ignoring the deactivated disks, but it all looks a bit messy.

Gary

Gary Pedretty                                        gary at ravnalaska.net <mailto:gary at eraalaska.net>
Systems Manager                                          www.flyravn.com <http://www.flyravn.com/>
Ravn Alaska                           /\                    907-450-7251
5245 Airport Industrial Road         /  \/\             907-450-7238 fax
Fairbanks, Alaska  99709        /\  /    \ \ Second greatest commandment
Serving All of Alaska          /  \/  /\  \ \/\   “Love your neighbor as
Really loving the record green up date! Summmer!!   yourself” Matt 22:39