[ovirt-users] ovirt, spice and igel

Craig Warner coolum.surfless at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:52:33 UTC 2016

I’m new to overt and this has been a rapid learning curve, and come to point where I need assistance.

The objective of this project is to provide via a igel thin client a seamless multimedia experience for the end user.

The environment is based upon both host and virtual instance using Centos 7.2 and ovirt 4.0.

The igel thin client is designed to use the RHEV spice environment, so this is the first point of pain for this project. I can only the igel client to interact with the associating the firefox then finding the virt-viewer binary with the igel operating system. Not very seamless to provide multimedia experience for the end user.

igel terminal is running the latest update.

I’ve also engaged igel technical support but centos 7.2, and ovirt 4.0 seems to be breaking new ground.

Next point of pain is performance of multimedia on the thin client, less then satisfactory experience. Once again any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

If I’ve left anything out in the description of what trying to achieve, let me know, and shall fill in the gaps.

Once again any assistance would be appreciated.

Craig