[ovirt-users] 3.6.7 engine: compatible with host centos 7.3/vdsm 4.18/qemu 2.6?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:19:43 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Николаев Алексей <
alexeynikolaev.post at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hi, community!
>
> 15.12.2016, 20:16, "Yaniv Dary" <ydary at redhat.com>:
>
> It may work, but we don't support 3.6 for a while and I'm not sure what
> issues you may encounter.
>

> We are using oVirt engine 3.6. How can I prevent upgrade my hosts with
> CentOS 7.2 to unsupported 7.3? Thx.

I would do this way

yum clean all
modify your repo fies in /etc/yum.repos.d
- verify CentOS-CR is disabled
- at least in
CentOS-Base.repo
where you don't have "enabled=0" (so both where there is no enabled=.. line
and where enabled=1)

comment mirrorlist and uncomment baseurl

in baseurl line substitute the word
$releasever
with
7.2.1511

try a yum update and verify that no 7.3 packages come in.

The problem is that epel repo don't track minor versions, so that if you
have an update in epel that requires a 7.3 package you would get dependency
error.
or you can disable also epel in the mean time if this is the case....

HIH,
Gianluca