[ovirt-users] Ovirt 4.0 spice console attempting to connect to HV private IP

Edward Clay edward.clay at uk2group.com
Fri Dec 16 18:56:53 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've recently upgraded from ovirt 3.6 to 4.0 and have run into an issue
that I'm not finding an explanation or solution to.  Currently when I
create a new VM and start it up and attempt to connect to the console I
get the following error.

"Unable to connect to the graphic server Could not connect to 10.1.1.1:
Socket I/O timed out"

If I attempt to launch a console for a VM created before the upgrade it
opens successfully. If I save the console.vv file I can see that the HV
public IP address is in this file.  If I do the same thing for the
failing vm and I see the HV private mgmnt network IP.  I'm not finding
where I can change which IP is used for console access or a difference
in how the VMs created before the upgrade are configured compared to the
new VMs.

I should also note that I attempted to change the IP in the failing VMs
console.vv file and then use it with the remove-viewer spice client and
it fails to connect to the port.

Any guidance on how to identify what's wrong is greatly appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Edward Clay
E-mail: edward.clay at uk2group.com