[ovirt-users] CentOS 7.3 host, VM live migration fails

Giorgio Bersano giorgio.bersano at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 11:50:13 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,
I'm happily running an oVirt datacenter in production from Spring 2014 that
was updated to in 4.0.5 two weeks ago.

The engine runs on a machine outside the DataCenter (no Hosted Engine).
Until two days ago the architecture was: engine CentOS 7.2 + iSCSI storage
+ 3 CentOS 7.2 hosts .

Yesterday I updated the hosts to CentOS 7.3 and now I can't live migrate
the VMs. The engine is still CentOS 7.2.

I did not see problems until there was at least an 7.2 host but VMs are now
stuck to their hosts (or you have to shutdown the VM then start it up).
Could it be because of the lack of qemu-kvm-ev 2.6 [1]?

If so I'm asking to make it very explicit on the ovirt.org website the
constraint to NOT UPGRADE TO CENTOS 7.3 until  qemu-kvm-ev 2.6 is available.
If I had read [1] I would  have probably refrained from proceeding but I
missed the message.

What to do now? ATM I'm not in trouble and I can stand the situation, for a
few days. Does someone know when qemu-kvm-ev 2.6 will be available (or,
differently said, how reliable is to use pacakges from ovirt-4.0-pre )?

Thank you anyway, oVirt is an amazing product indeed.
Best regards,
Giorgio.

1- CentOS 7.3 is rolling out, need qemu-kvm-ev 2.6
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@ovirt.org/msg37610.html