[ovirt-users] CentOS 7.3 host, VM live migration fails

Giorgio Bersano giorgio.bersano at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 17:00:20 UTC 2016

> On Dec 17, 2016 1:50 PM, "Giorgio Bersano" <giorgio.bersano at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
> If so I'm asking to make it very explicit on the ovirt.org website the
> constraint to NOT UPGRADE TO CENTOS 7.3 until  qemu-kvm-ev 2.6 is available.
> If I had read [1] I would  have probably refrained from proceeding but I
> missed the message.
>
> What to do now? ATM I'm not in trouble and I can stand the situation, for
> a few days. Does someone know when qemu-kvm-ev 2.6 will be available (or,
> differently said, how reliable is to use pacakges from ovirt-4.0-pre )?
>

> It's already available from ovirt repos.
> Y.

Are you sure? This is what I get ATM

 [root at vbox92 ~]# yum list \*qemu\*ev\*
 Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, ps, rhnplugin
 This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
  * ovirt-4.0: ftp.nluug.nl
  * ovirt-4.0-epel: epel.besthosting.ua
 Installed Packages
 qemu-img-ev.x86_64
10:2.3.0-31.el7.16.1                               @ovirt-4.0
 qemu-kvm-common-ev.x86_64
 10:2.3.0-31.el7.16.1                               @ovirt-4.0
 qemu-kvm-ev.x86_64
10:2.3.0-31.el7.16.1                               @ovirt-4.0
 qemu-kvm-tools-ev.x86_64
10:2.3.0-31.el7.16.1                               @ovirt-4.0
 Available Packages
 qemu-kvm-ev-debuginfo.x86_64
10:2.3.0-31.el7.16.1                               ovirt-4.0

 [root at vbox92 ~]# yum update \*qemu\*ev\*
 Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, ps, rhnplugin
 This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
  * ovirt-4.0: ftp.nluug.nl
  * ovirt-4.0-epel: epel.besthosting.ua
 No packages marked for update

Are you suggesting to take packages from ovirt-4.0-pre ? If the packages
are not yet in the main repo I think some big warning sign on the website
(in  4.0.5 and 4.0.6 release notes?) would be welcome. I would have
probably missed it anyway (busy week) but someone else could be luckier
than me.

Best regards,
Giorgio.