[ovirt-users] Ovirt & Ceph

rajatjpatel rajatjpatel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 17:22:43 UTC 2016

Alessandro,

Right now I dont have cinder running in my setup in case if ceph don't work
then I have get one vm running open stack all in one and have all these
disk connect my open stack using cinder I can present storage to my ovirt.

At the same time I not getting case study for the same.

Regards
Rajat

Hi

Regards,
Rajat Patel

http://studyhat.blogspot.com
FIRST THEY IGNORE YOU...
THEN THEY LAUGH AT YOU...
THEN THEY FIGHT YOU...
THEN YOU WIN...

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Alessandro De Salvo <
Alessandro.DeSalvo at roma1.infn.it> wrote:

> [...]
> run on both server. rest are not in use. At present I am using NFS which
> coming from mapper to ovirt as storage, go forward we like to use all these
> disk as  hyper-converged for ovirt. RH I could see there is KB for using
> gluster. But we are looking for Ceph bcoz best pref romance and scale.
>
> <Screenshot from 2016-12-18 21-03-21.png>
> Regards
> Rajat
>
> Hi
>

> Regards,
> Rajat Patel
>
> http://studyhat.blogspot.com
> FIRST THEY IGNORE YOU...
> THEN THEY LAUGH AT YOU...
> THEN THEY FIGHT YOU...
> THEN YOU WIN...
>

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Alessandro De Salvo <
> Alessandro.DeSalvo at roma1.infn.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rajat,
>> sorry but I do not really have a clear picture of your actual setup, can
>> you please explain a bit more?
>> In particular:
>>
>> 1) what to you mean by using 4TB for ovirt? In which machines and how do
>> you make it available to ovirt?
>>
>> 2) how do you plan to use ceph with ovirt?
>>
>> I guess we can give more help if you clarify those points.
>> Thanks,
>>
>>    Alessandro
>>
>> Il giorno 18 dic 2016, alle ore 17:33, rajatjpatel <rajatjpatel at gmail.com>
>> ha scritto:
>>
>> Great, thanks! Alessandro ++ Yaniv ++
>>
>> What I want to use around 4 TB of SAS disk for my Ovirt (which going to
>> be RHV4.0.5 once POC get 100% successful, in fact all product will be RH )
>>
>> I had done so much duckduckgo for all these solution and use lot of
>> reference from ovirt.org & access.redhat.com for setting up a Ovirt
>> engine and hyp.
>>
>> We dont mind having more guest running and creating ceph block storage
>> and which will be presented to ovirt as storage. Gluster is not is use
>> right now bcoz we have DB will be running on guest.
>>
>> Regard
>> Rajat
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM Alessandro De Salvo <
>> Alessandro.DeSalvo at roma1.infn.it> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> having a 3-node ceph cluster is the bare minimum you can have to make it
>>> working, unless you want to have just a replica-2 mode, which is not safe.
>>> It's not true that ceph is not easy to configure, you might use very
>>> easily ceph-deploy, have puppet configuring it or even run it in
>>> containers. Using docker is in fact the easiest solution, it really
>>> requires 10 minutes to make a cluster up. I've tried it both with jewel
>>> (official containers) and kraken (custom containers), and it works pretty
>>> well.
>>> The real problem is not creating and configuring a ceph cluster, but
>>> using it from ovirt, as it requires cinder, i.e. a minimal setup of
>>> openstack. We have it and it's working pretty well, but it requires some
>>> work. For your reference we have cinder running on an ovirt VM using
>>> gluster.