[ovirt-users] Python SDK .remove() does not return True?

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Sun Dec 18 18:39:19 UTC 2016

On 12/18/2016 05:32 PM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
> I'd expect, like other actions, add() for example, that I can ensure
> .remove() (for clusters, DCs, etc.) will return True as a sign for success.
> Is that a bug or a design choice?
> TIA,
> Y.

It is by design. The method returns nothing, because in HTTP the DELETE
method doesn't receive or return a body: it only returns the HTTP status
code. In the SDK, success HTTP status code results in returning nothing,
and failures result in throwing an exception. So, if the methods doesn't
throw an exception then you can assume that it worked successfully.