[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6.7 upgrade to 4.0.5 and CentOS 7.3

ovirt at timmi.org ovirt at timmi.org
Wed Dec 21 16:11:34 UTC 2016

Hi oVirt List,

I wanted to upgrade our oVirt 3.6.7 installation in the next couple of
days to oVirt 4.0.5.
My hosts are running CentOS 7.2 currently. It is safe to perform the
upgrade also to CentOS 7.3?

Is 4.0.5 also support this version of CentOS?

It is correct that the upgrade to 4.0 is the same as always?
Just I need to install the new repositories?
I guess I have to delete the old 3.6 repos or not?

|# yum install
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release40.rpm
# yum update "ovirt-engine-setup*" # engine-setup|

Best regards and thank you for your answers
Christoph