[ovirt-users] Regarding DAS for Shared Storage

rex rexxander at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:07:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

Have a VRTX Chassis enclosure populated with two Dell PowerEdge M620 Blades
and has a built-in DAS storage. Created a 1 TB Virtual Disk from the DAS
storage using the Dell iDRAC interface. This block device is accessible
from the two blades (CentOS 7 OS) like shown below,

 [root at node1 ~]# lsblk /dev/sdc

 NAME MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
 sdc    8:32   0 1024G  0 disk

 [root at node2 ~]# lsblk /dev/sdc

 NAME MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
 sdc    8:32   0 1024G  0 disk

 oVirt rpms has been installed on both the blades with the aim of
configuring them as oVirt nodes with Live Migration feature. But other than
the DAS we don't have any storage which can be used as shared storage. So
can some one please tell me whether the above block disk can be used as a
shared storage (i.e mounted on the two nodes at the same time) and if it is
possible how can this be done. Thank you.