[ovirt-users] Windows Product Activation

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Fri Dec 23 07:41:39 UTC 2016

Le 22/12/2016 à 22:06, Michal Skrivanek a écrit :
>> I read more about this WPA issue, and I also checked : all our
>> licences are MAK_B kind, which I read everywhere that they should
>> not induce such WPA trouble, once they are correctly registered
>> (which I obviously take care of). I also read the list of
>> components that are checked to create a hashed key linked to the
>> licence. As you wrote, changing to many components is triggering a
>> validity break.
>>
>> Knowing this, may I ask you to comment on the promising "VM Custom
>> Serial Number" Alex was talking about : it sounded perfect, but
>> eventually not enough to cope with the hardware change?
>
> That’s what it is for. Does it not work for this case?

I still have additional tests to do to validate it.
Moreover, as this WPA issue is triggered after 30 days, this kind of
tests is taking quite a lot of time.

Stay tuned.

PS : As usual, I'm very thankful to all who replied, and more generally
to everyone on this mailing list for your help throughout the year.

--
Nicolas ECARNOT