[ovirt-users] Why difference between upgrade paths 3.6 to 4.0.x between RHEV and oVirt?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 16:49:00 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> Having said the above, I know vaguely that Red Hat has some
> all-on-nothing rules when it comes to licensing, so a mixed RHV/oVirt
> environment may not meet the RHEL/RHV licensing terms... Then again,
> I'm not a licensing expert...

Thanks Barak.
And thanks Simone for the corresponding answer.

Yes, the mix is not inside the same organization, but in different ones
where I help as a consultant.
In general if the task is similar, it is simpler to concentrate on one
approach and apply on both (in general, perhaps in this case not so true...
;-)

BTW: Happy Christmas to all !

Gianluca