[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6.7 upgrade to 4.0.5 and CentOS 7.3

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Tue Dec 27 20:08:28 UTC 2016

On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 20:04:23 +0100 ovirt at timmi.org wrote:
OO> Hi all,
OO>
OO> please note that I have upgrade my oVirt 3.6.5 environment to 4.0.5
OO> without problems.
OO> I saw some network messages in my evens but I will post them later in a
OO> separate thread.
OO>
OO> Really great work how the upgrades are working.

Just as a counterpoint, I had 2 issues, but both were related to changes
I'd made..

- I have ipv6 disabled. with CentOS 7.3 this can cause rpcbind to choke,
  causing cascading dependency failures. I had to manually tweak systemd
  config.

- I had tweaked vdsm.conf for debugging a long time ago, so the new version
  installed it's conf file as vsdm.conf.rpmnew. New vdsm uses a different
  logger, and wouldn't start with the old logger config. No error message,
  0 byte log file. Copying rpmnew conf file over existing log files fixed
  this one.

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons