[ovirt-users] Issue with OVN/OVS and mandatory ovirtmgmt network

Sverker Abrahamsson sverker at abrahamsson.com
Wed Dec 28 22:03:16 UTC 2016

Hi
I first tried to set device name to dummy_0, but then ifup did not
succeed in creating the device unless I first did 'ip link add dummy_0
type dummy' but then it would not suceed to establish the if on reboot.

Setting fake_nics = dummy0 would not work neither, but this works:

fake_nics = dummy*

The engine is now able to find the if and assign bridge ovirtmgmt to it.

However, I then run into the next issue when starting a VM:

2016-12-28 22:28:23,897 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
(ForkJoinPool-1-worker-2) [] Correlation ID: null, Call Stack: null,
Custom Event ID: -1, Message: VM CentOS7 is down with error. Exit
message: Cannot get interface MTU on 'br-int': No such device.

This VM has a nic on ovirtbridge, which comes from the OVN provider.

/Sverker