[ovirt-users] Can't remove snapshot

Rik Theys Rik.Theys at esat.kuleuven.be
Wed Feb 3 09:26:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

I created a snapshot of a running VM prior to an OS upgrade. The OS
upgrade has now been succesful and I would like to remove the snapshot.
I've selected the snapshot in the UI and clicked Delete to start the task.

After a few minutes, the task has failed. When I click delete again on
the same snapshot, the failed message is returned after a few seconds.

>From browsing through the engine log (attached) it seems the snapshot
was correctly merged in the first try but something went wrong in the
finalizing fase. On retries, the log indicates the snapshot/disk image
no longer exists and the removal of the snapshot fails for this reason.

Is there any way to clean up this snapshot?

I can see the snapshot in the "Disk snapshot" tab of the storage. It has
a status of "illegal". Is it OK to (try to) remove this snapshot? Will
this impact the running VM and/or disk image?

Regards,

Rik

--
Rik Theys