[ovirt-users] vm refuses to migrate because of NUMA

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Mon Feb 8 10:24:42 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I created a cluster of VM with the same CPu level, except that one of
them only has one physical CPU. When trying to migrate, I get this
message into engine.log :

3b-4810-b5a4-f415c90ffdca`::Failed to migrate
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/vdsm/virt/migration.py", line 294, in run
     self._startUnderlyingMigration(time.time())
   File "/usr/share/vdsm/virt/migration.py", line 364, in
_startUnderlyingMigration
     self._perform_migration(duri, muri)
   File "/usr/share/vdsm/virt/migration.py", line 403, in _perform_migration
     self._vm._dom.migrateToURI3(duri, params, flags)
   File "/usr/share/vdsm/virt/virdomain.py", line 68, in f
     ret = attr(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/libvirtconnection.py",
line 124, in wrapper
     ret = f(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1836, in
migrateToURI3
     if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainMigrateToURI3()
failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: unsupported configuration: NUMA node 1 is unavailable

It seems that engine allows to mix multinode and mononode host into a
same cluster whereas vms can't migrate between these nodes.
I've never been using and configuring NUMA until now, so I don't
understand why we are not allowed to migrate vms.*
Thank you for your help

--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau