[ovirt-users] How does VDSM-Fake actually work?

Nicolás nicolas at devels.es
Wed Feb 17 18:28:16 UTC 2016

Hi Roman,

El 16/02/16 a las 10:27, Roman Mohr escribió:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Michal Skrivanek
> <michal.skrivanek at redhat.com <mailto:michal.skrivanek at redhat.com>> wrote:
>

>>     On 09 Feb 2016, at 12:15, Nicolás <nicolas at devels.es
>>     <mailto:nicolas at devels.es>> wrote:
>>
>>     Is there a way to get an account on mojo.redhat.com
>>     <http://mojo.redhat.com> or is it internal? I'm trying to open
>>     the document but credentials are required and I see no option to
>>     create an account.
>
>     yes it is
>
>     Eldad, would you please move it to ovirt.org <http://ovirt.org>
>     instead?
>

> I recently played with fakevdsm myself. The result was the patch
> series in [1]. At least an updated README for the result of my patches
> can be found in [2].
>
>     Thanks,
>     michal
>

>>     El 04/02/16 a las 13:49, emarcian escribió:
>>>     Hi,
>>>     Seems like you need to change this settings update vdc_options
>>>     set option_value='false' where option_name='InstallVds';
>>>     follow the instructions here:
>>>     https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-990399
>>>
>>>     in case you using 3.6 there is a new war (if you run the
>>>     simulator as standalone).
>>>
>>>     -Eldad

> @Nicolas I would recommend you to use the top of my gerrit patches to
> run vdsmake:
>
>   git clone git://gerrit.ovirt.org/ovirt-vdsmfake
> <http://gerrit.ovirt.org/ovirt-vdsmfake>
>   cd ovirt-vdsmfake
>   git fetch git://gerrit.ovirt.org/ovirt-vdsmfake
> <http://gerrit.ovirt.org/ovirt-vdsmfake> refs/changes/70/53570/2 &&
> git checkout FETCH_HEAD
>
> then follow the instructions in the README of the checked out
> repository [3].
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Best Regards,
> Roman
>

> [1]
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:ovirt-vdsmfake+branch:master+topic:easy_access
> [2] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/53570/
> [3] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/53570/2/README

I could finally make fakevdsm work with your changes. Maybe I'm missing
something but this works if the engine and the fake host are run on the
same server - when I tried to run the fake host on a different host I
wasn't seeing any responses from the host (the firewall was vanilla
clean). In any case, I'm ok with both running on the same machine.

Will this be merged into master?

Thanks.