[ovirt-users] Can't fine engine postgres password

Adam Verslype verslyap at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 01:50:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

After deploying hosted engine using the hosted-engine-appliance I need to
run the unlock_entity utility on the engine vm to unlock a disk that's
stuck.  So I ssh on the vm and run:

sudo PGPASSWORD=xxxxxxxxx ./unlock_entity.sh -t disk -u engine -q
psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "engine"
FATAL: Cannot execute sql command: --file=./unlock_entity.sql
where xxxxxxxxx is the password I supplied for everything during
deployment.  Does it have a different password that came with the
appliance?  Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks,

Adam Verslype