[ovirt-users] How to deploy custom UI plugin written in java

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 12:59:13 UTC 2016

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 07:48:43 PM shailendra saxena wrote:
> I have been working on a project where i need to make an UI Plugin which
> gets added in the ovirt. front end of UI plugin has been added by following
> the url:http:// <http://www.ovirt.org/Features/UIPlugins>www.ovirt.org
> <http://www.ovirt.org/Features/UIPlugins>/Features/
> <http://www.ovirt.org/Features/UIPlugins>UIPlugins
> <http://www.ovirt.org/Features/UIPlugins> but i am not sure where I should
> put my backend code which has been written using java servlet so that the
> requests, defined in my UI plugin, can be handled by my servlet.

You can put your back-end code wherever you want. You can have it on a
different machine with it own container, or in a war on the engine machine.
Doesn't matter that much. The UI plugins are basically inside an iframe and
the URL used in the iframe is defined by the plugin descriptor. So you really
can point it to wherever you want/need.