[ovirt-users] Impact of changing VLAN of ovirtmgmt in the Data Center?

Garry Tiedemann garrytiedemann at networkvideo.com.au
Fri Feb 26 00:51:13 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

In Data Centers > (Name) > Networks section of the Ovirt GUI, network
definitions include the VLAN IDs.
In my case, the VLAN ID of ovirtmgmt has been empty (meaning VLAN 1)
since I built it; it's always been wrong.

My hypervisor hosts' ovirtmgmt bridges are actually in VLAN 20.

An error message alerted me to this mismatch a few days ago.

None of my production VMs are on VLAN 1, or VLAN 20, but I'd like to
confirm if it's safe to change this.

Can changing the VLAN ID of ovirtmgmt within Data Center > Networks
impact VMs from other VLANs?

I see no reason why it should be a problem. We just need some certainty
on that point.

Thankyou in advance for answers.

Regards,

Garry

PS This is a briefer and clearer re-statement of the question I asked a
couple of days ago.