[ovirt-users] Network interface profiles disappeared after upgrading to 3.6.1

nicolas at devels.es nicolas at devels.es
Fri Jan 15 18:06:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

We recently upgraded from 3.5.3 to 3.6.1. Everything went fairly smooth,
however, today we realized we're facing some issues.

Users cannot add network interfaces on the User Portal to their VMs. It
seems that when they click on "New", the "Profile" checkbox is empty so
they cannot choose any value.

It's worth mentioning that we only upgraded the manager, not yet the
hosts. Also, a red banner keeps popping out every few seconds with this
error: (TypeError) __gwt$exception: <skipped>: Cannot read property 'r'
of null

It's also worth mentioning that I can add interfaces from the admin
portal.

I don't actually know if it's related, but in the logs I see this:

2016-01-15 17:53:35,241 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.GetConfigurationValueQuery] (default
task-165) [] Query execution failed due to insufficient permissions.
2016-01-15 17:53:35,241 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.api.restapi.resource.AbstractBackendResource] (default
task-165) [] Operation Failed: query execution failed due to
insufficient permissions.

All interfaces have the "Everyone" -> "UserProfileEditor" permission.

Is that some new permission that has to be granted in order to allow
users see the network interfaces or is it a bug?

Thanks.

Nicolás