[ovirt-users] VDI question: How much disk space used?

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sat Jan 30 23:00:38 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have a question about VDI and the use of a VM pool.  Are the VMs that
are part of the pool linked clones or full clones of the pool's template VM?

Let's say my template VM has a HDD of 64GB, fully allocated.  I create a
VM pool that uses that template and the pool consists of 5 VMs.

Do I need to have 64GB x 5 = 320GB of disk space available (actually
384GB, counting the template VM), or just the 64GB of the template VM +
whatever temporary space is used by each VM for the temporary changes
made while a user is using the VM?

(I hope that makes sense?)

Thanks! :-)

Regards,